Will the clerk call me when there is something filed in my case? (August 18, 2017)

No.  For a non-electronic filer, the court and opposing parties send documents in paper form via U.S. mail or other delivery service.  For registered CM/ECF users, documents are provided electronically through the use of CM/ECF.