The clerk’s office can:
- explain and answer questions about how the court works;
- provide phone numbers for local legal services;
- provide court calendars and forms; and
- provide access to the electronic case file at the public lobby terminal.
The clerk’s office cannot:
- give legal advice such as if you should or should not file a case;
- calculate deadlines for your case absent what is on the public docket;
- interpret laws or court orders;
- assist with writing pleadings and filings; and
- communicate with the Judge on your behalf or allow you talk to the Judge outside of a court hearing.