How can I be admitted to practice before the United States District Court, District of Nevada? (March 28, 2022)
For admission to the Nevada District Court:
An attorney who is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Nevada may apply for admission to the bar of this court.
- Prepare a motion by a member of the bar of this court on the form.
- Log in to PACER Manage Account to begin admission process and submit the motion form. See instructions.
- Pay the admission fee of $212.00. The clerk will email the payment link after reviewing your admission request.
- Take the oath. The clerk will email instructions for making arrangements to take the oath.
The clerk will issue a certificate of admission following the oath. An attorney must be admitted to the bar of this court before e-filing privileges are approved. See Local Rule LR IA 11-1.
For admission to practice in a particular case:
- Complete a Verified Petition for Permission to Practice in This Case Only by Attorney Not Admitted to the Bar of This Court and Designation of Local Counsel attaching a certification of good standing;
- Send the completed form to the clerk’s office with the appropriate fee or have local counsel electronically file.
See Local Rule LR IA 11-2.