If you have been served with a federal lawsuit, it is important you answer or otherwise respond to the lawsuit prior to a default being entered against you. However, before proceeding any further, you should verify that you are in the right place to seek information about the lawsuit. Review the documents you have received and ensure that these documents indicate that the lawsuit is proceeding in the “United States Court for the District of Nevada.” 

If you have been sued in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada, you must answer or otherwise respond to the lawsuit or you risk having a default entered against you. If you are unsure how to proceed, contact a lawyer or legal aide group for advise. In general, you have two options to respond to the lawsuit: (1) file an answer to the complaint; or (2) file a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. Below you will find a packet with instructions to file an answer or a packet for filing a general motion.