UNITED STATES DISTRICT
COURT DISTRICT OF NEVADA
IN THE MATTER OF: THE APPOINTMENT OF A MERIT SELECTION PANEL REGARDING TWO MAGISTRATE JUDGE POSITIONS IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
ORDER APPOINTING MERIT SELECTION PANEL
In accordance with Title 28, United States Code, Section 631 and the Regulations of the Judicial Conference of the United States Establishing Standards and Procedures for the Appointment of United States Magistrate Judges, a Merit Section Panel is hereby created to make a recommendation for the replacement of Magistrate Judge Carl W. Hoffman, Jr. and Magistrate Judge George W. Foley, Jr. who will be retiring from the Court on August 4 and August 5, 2019.
The following seven (7) lawyers and two (2) non-lawyers are hereby appointed to serve on this Merit Section Panel:
- Paola Armeni, Esq. Chairperson – Attorney at Law
- W. West Allen, Esq. – Attorney at Law
- F. Travis Buchanan, Esq. – Attorney at Law
- Ogonna Brown, Esq. – Attorney at Law
- Barbara Buckley, Esq. – Attorney at Law
- Lori Teicher, Esq. – First Assistant Federal Public Defender
- Dayle Elieson, Esq. – United States Attorney
- Kimberly Farmer – Executive Director, State Bar of Nevada
- Lance Wilson – Retired District Court Executive
This Merit Selection Panel shall consider all applications for these two positions and report to the Court the results of its activities within ninety (90) days from the date of this Order unless otherwise directed by the Court. The report shall specify the top six (6) candidates the Panel has determined as best qualified and include all written information received by or prepared by the Panel concerning the recommended candidates.
Merit Selection Panel members are hereby advised of restrictions for consideration of future magistrate judge positions in accordance with the Judicial Conference of the United States.